- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
- Expression System
- UniProt No.
- NCBI Accession No.
- Alternative names
- SNCA, NACP, PARK1, alpha-Synuclein, Non-A beta component of AD amyloid, Non-A4 component of amyloid precursor, Alpha synuclein, Alpha-synuclein isoform NACP140, alphaSYN, MGC105443, MGC110988, MGC127560, MGC64356, Non A beta component of AD amyloid, Non A4 component of amyloid precursor, Non-A-beta component of alzheimers disease amyloid, precursor of PARK 1, PARK 4, PARK4, Parkinson disease familial 1, PD 1, PD1, Synuclein alpha,
- Molecular Weight
- 14.4 kDa (140aa) confirmed by MALDI-TOF (Molecular weight on SDS-PAGE will appear higher)
- 1mg/ml (determined by BCA assay)
- Liquid in. 20mM Tris-HCl buffer (pH 7.5) containing 0.1 M NaCl, 1mM MgCl2
- > 95% by SDS-PAGE
- < 1 EU per 1ug of protein (determined by LAL method)
- Can be stored at +2C to +8C for 1 week. For long term storage, aliquot and store at -20C to -80C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing cycles.
3ug by SDS-PAGE under reducing condition and visualized by coomassie blue stain. ..
Sung JY, et al. Proteolytic cleavage of extracellular secreted alpha-synuclein via matrix metalloproteinases. (J Biol Chem. 2005)
Ahn KJ, et al. Amino acid sequence motifs and mechanistic features of the membrane translocation of alpha-synuclein. (J Neurochem. 2006)
Kim EJ, et al. Dyrk1A phosphorylates alpha-synuclein and enhances intracellular inclusion formation. (J Biol Chem. 2006 Nov)
Lee HJ, et al. Assembly-dependent endocytosis and clearance of extracellular alpha-synuclein. (Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008)
Lee HJ, et al. Clearance and deposition of extracellular alpha-synuclein aggregates in microglia. (Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008)
Park JY, et al. Microglial phagocytosis is enhanced by monomeric alpha-synuclein, not aggregated alpha-synuclein: implications for Parkinsons disease. (Glia. 2008)
Lee HJ, et al. Direct transfer of alpha-synuclein from neuron to astroglia causes inflammatory responses in synucleinopathies. (J Biol Chem. 2010)
Kim KS, et al. Regulation of Weibel-Palade body exocytosis by alpha-synuclein in endothelial cells. (J Biol Chem. 2010)
Lee HJ, et al. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays for α-synuclein with species and multimeric state specificities. (J Neurosci Methods. 2011)
Kim KS, et al. Proteolytic cleavage of extracellular α-synuclein by plasmin: implications for Parkinson disease. (J Biol Chem. 2012)
Rodriguez-Araujo G, et al. Alpha-synuclein elicits glucose uptake and utilization in adipocytes through the Gab1/PI3K/Akt transduction pathway. (Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013)
Kim JY, et al. Nanomolar concentration of alpha-synuclein enhances dopaminergic neuronal survival via Akt pathway. (Neural Regen Res. 2013)
Rodriguez-Araujo G, et al. Low alpha-synuclein levels in the blood are associated with insulin resistance. (Sci Rep. 2015)
Note: For research use only. This product is not intended or approved for human, diagnostics or veterinary use.